Much like natural teeth, partial dentures require a lot of care, if not more, to prevent plaque and tartar build-up. You can rely on partial dentures in Shorewood professionals to provide you a quality set of partial dentures.
However, it falls to you to care for them after that. After all, dentures are a considerable investment in oral health, so you should get the most out of them. Here are some tips on how to look after your dentures.
It is best to make a habit of cleaning your dentures as it doesn’t take much time or effort. Here’s how you can clean them regularly to avoid staining and keep them looking spotless.
● Brush your dentures with a denture brush or a soft toothbrush.
● Avoid regular toothpaste as it can damage the denture acrylic. Instead, opt for warm water, soap, or denture paste.
● Before starting the cleaning procedure, either cover your sink with a tower or fill it with warm water. It is essential to do this because if you drop your dentures, they can break upon hitting the hard sink.
● Rinse your dentures after each meal with a bit of warm water. With this, you can get rid of food debris immediately.
● Be careful not to use water that is too hot as it can change the dentures’ shape. After that, they may not fit as well.
Cleaning Around Sore Spots
It is not uncommon for a few sore spots to form in the mouth from dentures applying too much pressure. While your dentist can relieve you of the force, you can do a few things to care for the soreness.
● Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater.
● Avoid wearing the dentures for a while.
Denture care is as simple as it is critical. When you take adequate care of your dentures, you ensure that they will last as long as possible. Besides, they will also fit better and have your smile looking its best.